Who doesn’t enjoy a good wok? And choosing the right wok that will last a lifetime isn’t as easy as you might think. Wait…what? Oh…walk for life. My bad.
The Walk for Life (WFL), benefiting Living Alternatives Pregnancy Resource Center in Joliet, is just around the corner! Last year our church people and our friends raised over $7000. The increase in giving in 2013 has enabled the Pregnancy Resource Center to be open one additional day in 2014. This was an answer to prayer. We are already seeing our efforts pay off, and we are thankful that God is giving us the opportunity to be a part of this ministry that is saving the lives of unborn children and sharing the life-giving message of the gospel.
This year, I hope you will consider how you might support this ministry, specifically through the WFL. The WFL takes place 9:00am-12:00pm on Saturday, May 10, at Judson Church, on the corner of Black Road and Infantry in Joliet. Here are two ways you can get involved:
- Walk – Anyone can walk. It is not a competitive walk, and while the official distance is about three miles, there is no obligation to complete the entire walk. Walkers obtain pledges from family, friends, church members, co-workers – anyone. If you are unavailable the day of the Walk, you can even walk your neighborhood or on the treadmill at the gym. Some may even choose to rock for life in your very own chair…it’s all good!
- Sponsor a Walker – Please consider how you can support those who are walking. Donations of any size are welcome.
If you are planning on walking, it’s never too early to start raising support, and this year it’s easier and more exciting than ever! Here is how you can register for the WFL and immediately begin raising funds:
- Go to www.hopeforafuture.com.
- Click on View All Events (middle of right side of page).
- Scroll down to May, and click on Will Co. – Walk for Life.
- Click the Register as a Walker Online button.
- Click on the Participate button (see below).
- Complete the registration form.
- Share your FundEasy page through Facebook, Twitter, or email.
WFL pledge sheets available as well, so that you can collect some pledges in person rather than online, if that’s more effective for you.
We strongly urge you to consider how you might get involved in this battle for LIFE! Please pray for God’s provision through this event. We want to be diligent, but we know from Psalm 127 that “unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.” We may plan well and work hard, but we are dependent on God to provide. We are thankful for what He has done in 2013, and we look forward to seeing what He will do in 2014!
If you have questions about anything related to the Walk for Life, email Greg Wright – email@example.com.